Macau Attractions – Seven Romantic Spots in China’s Gambling Capital
Latest Casino News TopCasinoGames.eu 14 Apr , 2017 0
Although it is famous for its vivid nightlife, Macau is not usually seen as a "romantic" destination, but thanks to its numerous heritage buildings, old cobblestone alleys and picturesque coved beaches, the territory enjoys its fair share of romantic spots.
This article will guide you through seven places in Macau where you can whisper sweet nothings to your significant other...
- Perched on the 61st floor, Macau Tower's Outdoor Observation Deck is probably the best spot in town to spend the twilight hour. The views from here are simply breathtaking, particularly at dusk, when the flamboyant neon signs of Macau's casinos start to light up, one after another.
- Housed in an old colonial building, right next to Senado Square, La Bonne Heure is a lovely bistro-style restaurant, serving fabulous French cuisine in an elegant surroundings... Curved brick arches and dim lights help to create the cozy atmosphere or which the restaurant is known, while the bar features a more vivid ambience.
- Nestled within a family-run boutique hotel, right on Coloane Island's most picturesque beach, Pousada de Coloane is a small and cozy restaurant, serving homey Portuguese fare in a pleasant and somewhat rustic atmosphere... Be sure to top off your romantic dinner with an arm-in-arm stroll on the beach.
- Although it is not exceptionally swanky or glamorous, Ristorante La Gondola makes a perfect choice for a romantic candlelit dinner. Perched along picturesque Cheok Van Beach, on Coloane Island, it has a large terrace, overlooking the ocean, where you can dine alfresco while enjoying the sea breeze. The food here is unpretentious, but solid good, with a decent choice of wood- fired pizzas and homemade ravioli and lovely sangria to complement.
- The old Coloane Village is one of those places where time has stood still... A labyrinth of narrow alleyways, lined with tiny Chinese temples, catholic churches and old courtyard houses, where people continue to keep their sleepy lifestyle, just like their forefathers did more than a century ago... Espaco Lisboa, one of Macau's most romantic restaurants is nestled in one of these old two-story houses and serves homey Portuguese food and fantastic wines in a cozy atmosphere... Make sure you book the balcony well in advance.
- Pousada de Sao Tiago is one of Macau's nicest boutique hotels. Built within the fortifications of an old Portuguese fort, facing the inner harbor, this small hotel is both romantic and characterful. There are three spots here that are worth knowing about: The first is La Paloma Restaurant, which serves fine Spanish cuisine in a swish and intimate interior, the second is Cascata Bar, where you can have your afternoon tea, or sundowner cocktails in an elegant and cozy set up and the third is The Terrace, which to me is the best place in the hotel.
- Il Teatro is one of Macau's most sought after Italian restaurants and definitely one of the most romantic. Located at the swanky Wynn Macau, the restaurant overlooks the famous "Fountain Show", which is one of its most significant advantages, and serves classic Italian specialties, from decadent pizzas and handmade pastas, to authentic dishes from Southern Italy. As expected, window seats are at a premium here and need to be booked well in advance.
Source by Roni Shwartz