Pick 'em Poker & Joker Pick 'em are two video poker games that are very popular in casinos that offer them. If played properly, both games can yield over a 99% return. You may find them online as Pick a Pair Poker.
How Pick 'em Poker Games are Played
A single 52 card deck is used. (53 with the Joker version)
- Player makes a bet from 1 to 5 coins (credits).
- 2 up cards are dealt to the left of the screen.
- 2 additional sets of 3 cards each are dealt, one face up, two face down on each set.
- Player must then select one of the 2 sets which s/he thinks will make the best poker hand when combined with the 2 up cards
- Once selected the five-card hand will be revealed?
The winning payout amounts between regular Pick 'em and the enhanced version with the Joker do differ in that the player can use the Joker as a wild card to complete any hand.
Payouts may vary between jurisdictions. The following pay table lists include winning payout amounts for the maximum five coin (credit) wagers
PICK 'EM POKER
Royal Flush - 6,000
Straight Flush - 1195
4 of a Kind - 600
Full House - 90
Flush - 75
Straight - 55
3 of a Kind - 25
2 Pair - 15
Pair Jacks / Better - 10
Pair of 9's/10's - 10
JOKER PICK 'EM
Royal Flush - 10,000
5 of a Kind - 2,000
Wild Royal - 1,000
Straight Flush - 500
4 of a Kind - 100
Full House - 60
Flush - 50
Straight - 40
3 of a Kind - 20
2 Pair - 10
Pair Jacks/Better - 10
Pair 9's/10's - Loss
Note that there are two more payout combinations for the Joker version on the higher value hands but the more frequent lower value hands have smaller payouts than the version without the Joker. You also lose an even money payout for pair of 9's or 10's when you select the Joker game, but also keep in mind that the Joker is wild.
The following strategy is recommended when you're ready to Pick 'em:
In regard to either choice, is there:
- A pair?
- Three parts of a straight?
- Three parts of a flush?
- Three of a kind?
- Three parts of a straight flush?
- Three parts of a royal?
If you see a Joker in either set, Pick 'em.
If none of the above, call on Lady Luck!