If you are bored playing five card stud poker and wants to make some change to the game then you can play Lowball Poker surely. This game is similar to five-card stud poker except the fact that the winner should have lowest cards. This game is quite interesting and you can understand it without facing much difficulty. If you think that getting low cards would be an easy task then you need to think again. Getting small cards is equally difficult as getting high cards and so you should try out this game with your family and friends.
Here are mentioned a series of steps that should be followed if you want to play Lowball Poker.
- Firstly, you should collect players whom you want to play with. Make sure that everyone is sitting comfortably around the table. Keep a deck of playing cards handy before starting the game.
- The dealer starts dealing five cards to each player present on the table. It should be kept in mind that all cards should be deal face down so that each player can see only his cards.
- After seeing what cards you have, it is time to either fold your cards or place a bet. One should know that any player is not allowed to move further in the game until he folds his cards or places a bet. In addition, the bet placed by each player should match with the highest bet amount placed by any other player. If you want, you can increase the bet amount without facing any difficulty.
- One point that should be considered when you play Lowball Poker is you do not what are your chances of winning in the end. Each player sitting on the table is unaware of cards the opponent is having and thus suspense is maintained through the class.
- The players have the liberty of removing cards that they do not want during the game. Moreover, you can trade off your cards with the dealer if you are active in the game. The numbers of cards that can be replaced vary from one to five cards. Whenever you are trading cards with the dealer, the dealer always give the cards face down. This would help in maintaining suspense in the game and no player would know what would be the final picture in the game.
- At this point, the final round is played and players can use the option of check, where players none have to place any bet nor have to fold their cards.
- Afterwards, players turn up face down cards to decide who the ultimate winner of the game is.