Poker is a very popular game that is played by many people around the world. The reason why poker is so addictive and popular is because you can actually win money with it.
1. Pay attention to what is happening on the table. A good poker player will always pay attention to the cards on the table. You need to be aware of the situation so that you can come up with effective strategies to counter your opponents.
2. Do not play too many hands. Play fewer hands and do not be tempted by any face card. Although sometimes a face card may look tempting, it does not worth the effort at all.
3. When you are in a bad mood, do not play. Remember that you should always play poker when you are in a good mood. When you play poker in a bad mood, you will let your emotion take control, not your head. You will make bad decisions that you normally will not make and end up losing money.
4. When you are drunk, do not play. Even if you are not fully drunk, you should not play. Because alcohol will cause you to make bad decision.
5. Do not stay in a hand simply because you have put money into it. If you know you have a bad hand, let it be beaten. Do not think that just because you have already committed money to the pot, you should try your luck. The money that you put into a pot is no longer yours without you win it. Therefore, if you know you have a bad hand, do not put more money into the losing pot.
6. Only play with money that you can afford to lose. Before you start playing at a table, you should determine your money limit. Do not be afraid to walk away if it is a bad day for you.
7. Bluff at the right moment. Do not bluff just for the sake of bluffing. If you bluff at the wrong times, you can end up losing money. So analyze the game and determine the time to bluff. Although bluffing is an exciting poker technique, it is not necessarily that you must always use it in order to win money. There are times that you can win money without bluffing.
Hope that you will bear these poker tips in mind and become a better player.