The United Kingdom seems to be lucky in the EuroMillions lottery game recently because it is producing lottery jackpot winners. When we talk about jackpot prizes in the EuroMillions, we are talking about multimillion Euro or British Pound jackpots. This lottery game is not only popular in the United Kingdom. It is also widely played in participating European countries.
Many jackpots in the EuroMillions have won by British players. In case you want to know the top ten biggest lottery winners from the United Kingdom in this popular lottery game, here they are below:
1. Colin and Chris Weir (£ 161,653,000) - The Weir couple is from Largs in Ayshire. They said they were tickled pink when they discovered they won Europe's biggest lottery jackpot prize in July last year.
2. Anonymous (£ 113,019,926) - A British player won this lottery jackpot, but decided not to go public about his or her identity. The massive prize was won in October 2010.
3. Dave and Angela Dawes (£ 101,203,600) - The Dawes couple from Cambridgeshire told that it was only their third time to play the EuroMillions when they won the life-changing sum of money in October last year.
4. Anonymous (£ 84,451,320) - Another player wished to keep his or her identity secret when the big jackpot was won in May 2010.
5. Nigel Page - Nigel Page, age 43, won the jackpot in February 2010. The winner loves skydiving. He reportedly paid his ex-wife a sum of £ 2 million after she filed a claim for £ 8 million.
7. Les and Sam Scadding (£ 45,570,835) - The Scadding couple from Caerlon, South Wales, owned one of the two winning tickets of £ 90 million jackpot in November 2009.
8. Cassey Carrington (£ 45,160,170) - Carrington from Nottingham won the staggering jackpot when she matched all five winning numbers and the two Lucky Stars in February this year.
9. Gareth and Catherine Bull (£ 40,627,241) - The Bull couple from Mansfield won the huge prize in January this year. Gareth Bull is a self-employed builder and her wife told that she might return to her job as a health insurance worker.
10. Anonymous (£ 39,754,555) - The lottery player who chooses not to disclose his or her identity claimed the prize in March 2010.
Lottery jackpot winners in the UK have the option not to go public about their identity. Winning a jackpot in the EuroMillions lottery can change one's life. Many jackpot winners have realized their dreams with the prize money.