This article is about general Durban info plus Durban Accommodation information.
Originally the city of Durban was called Port Natal. Indian manual workers were imported to sweat in the sugar cane cultivated areas, Now, the city of Durban formally possesses the largest community of Indians outside of India. The languages of Zulu, English plus Afrikaans are all spoken in the city of Durban but almost everyone can speak English well.
Durban is famous as a holiday destination however the city of Durban possesses major industry plus the Durban harbor is Africa's most active container port.
the city of Durban is well known as the Republic of South Africa's greatest summer beach get away spot. It's the chief city in KwaZulu-Natal plus Durban accommodation is well known for its luxury plus excellence. The city of Durban possesses a warm, moderate climate throughout the year. Swimming plus surfing are the most popular leisure opportunities for individuals on the several safe beaches.
Places to see
- The Golden Mile, The beaches that run along the central business district in central the city of Durban all along the Indian Ocean are celebrated as "The Golden Mile". perfect surfing plus wide sandy beaches. There are several bars, hotels plus eating establishments as well as play pools plus playgrounds for children.
- Florida Road. This is where all the most in style people hang out. There are several eating establishments, Bars Cafe's plus Boutique shopping. There are interesting book shops too.
- Durban Botanical Gardens, Visit Saturdays plus see several assorted cultural weddings
Things to do
On the golden mile:
- Suncoast Casino, mega complex at Suncoast Boulevard, Marine Parade
- deep diving plus Snorkeling amongst the clear waters plus corals.
- Sibaya Casino, (Sun international).
- Take a rickshaw ride
- uShaka Marine World swimming , water slide theme park
Around the city:
- Greyville Race Course, Look over horse racing.
- Mahatma Gandhi Settlement - historical trips.
- The Gateway Shopping Center offers artificial Surfing waves.
- Crocodile creek centre.
- watch the A1 Grand Prix
- Glenholme Nature Reserve Caters for the blind plus wheelchairs with guide rails plus Braille plaques plus elevated walkway.
- Durban North Japanese Gardens. Free entrance.
- The Pavilion - A modern shopping mall with a excellent range of shops.
- Victoria Street Market. Spices plus foreign products.
- The Gateway, Mega Shopping complex in Umhlanga Durban
The 2nd largest city in the Republic of South Africa plus a chief sightseer city, Durban accommodation is world class. There are several mid-range hotels, several budget guest houses plus several luxury 3-5 star hotels.